I have severe palmar HH

steve_nf

I have severe palmar HH

Post by steve_nf »

I've had severe HH on my hand for as long as I can remember. I'm 14 in 8th grade. I hate it when the teacher says to clear your desks because we are about to take a test. When the test starts, I sweat so badly I get the whole darn paper wet. Then we have to pass it up the row and then everyone knows about my sweaty hands.

That's just one of many problems I have. I can't do the "handclap" thing with my friends because I sweat, I'm afraid to shake hands, I get cold hands as I sweat, etc. Oh and btw, I have a towel over my mouse to prevent it from getting wet :wink: So yeah, it sucks, about 90% of my day I'm sweating.

I recently went to a dermatoligist. He recommended Maxim and Drysol but they don't seem to work. I went on wikipedia to do some research about my HH and found out that aluminum chloride isn't effective for HH. Then I read about Iontopherosis and saw that it can be very effective, even stop me from sweating :D . Has anyone that has HH on the hands as bad as me try a Intopherosis machine? If so, what were the results and what machine we you using? And what's the best way to get an Intopherosis machine?

Ty :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi steve,

Welcome to the boards. I know what you are saying as I went through all the same stuff you are going through. I ended up having surgery at the age of 18 without EVER trying iontophoresis. While the surgery was successful in stopping hand sweating, I have some side effects now and wish I had at least given iontophoresis a shot.

You should go through all the posts in the four iontophoresis sections in these forums. Drionic is the cheapest machine (even cheaper on ebay -- but usually used), but the other machines are more effective it seems.

For example, read this very helpful post:

http://no-ets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89

Drionic can also be converted to electricity or 9V battery (much cheaper than buying the company's proprietary batteries) and hopefully you have a friend who can help you with this process if you are not so inclined.

pinker

Post by pinker »

Hi steve_nf, have you purchased an iontophoresis machine?