Hello

Ashlyn

Hello

Post by Ashlyn »

hi thanks for creating this forum as it is so hard to find understanding people to talk to about these problems related to sweating.

I have suffered from sweaty palms since a young age and had to go through high school like that. It has been difficult to say the least! Holding hands is to be avoided, making test papers wet and mushy is embarrassing, doing experiments in Physics class is difficult due to slipping tools and I can go on forever!

To top it off, I have had anxiety problems and problems with self-esteem.

Drysol didn't work for my hands, but now I am thinking of going for surgery or using one of those electric machines that shock your hand into not sweating.

Anyway, how do other younger people deal with this and does anyone ever not worry about sweaty hands and just move on without getting any kind of teatments?!

Luv to all and my best!

Post by Guest »

Hello!

Your story is a very similar one to mine during high school, as i'm sure it is for many people on here. My sweaty hands would make me feel very conscious of people around me and I would get anxious about situations which might expose my hyperhidrosis to others, because I found it pretty embarassing so I never told me friends.

I had all the hassle as well of using tissues to dry my hands under the desk during tests, using computers in school or playing instruments.

Anyway I use iontophoresis now.. one of those electric machines :wink: and my hands and feet have been back to normality for approaching a year now. I personally wouldn't have been able to not use any treatments because I felt hyperhidrosis impeded my everyday life in too many ways and if there's a way to treat it then why not!

But I would avoid surgery because there is a high risk of reported side effects which may turn out worse than the origional sweating! You can find all info if you google ETS surgery. :wink:

pinker

Post by pinker »

Anonymous wrote:Hello!

Your story is a very similar one to mine during high school, as i'm sure it is for many people on here. My sweaty hands would make me feel very conscious of people around me and I would get anxious about situations which might expose my hyperhidrosis to others, because I found it pretty embarassing so I never told me friends.

I had all the hassle as well of using tissues to dry my hands under the desk during tests, using computers in school or playing instruments.

Anyway I use iontophoresis now.. one of those electric machines :wink: and my hands and feet have been back to normality for approaching a year now. I personally wouldn't have been able to not use any treatments because I felt hyperhidrosis impeded my everyday life in too many ways and if there's a way to treat it then why not!

But I would avoid surgery because there is a high risk of reported side effects which may turn out worse than the origional sweating! You can find all info if you google ETS surgery. :wink:
Forgot to log in again :roll:

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn »

pinker thanks for the reply :-)

what machine do you use and how often did you get treatments to start off?

I have heard of the side effects of surgery and know it is risky. Thats why I wish to check out the electric treatments first.

pinker

Post by pinker »

Ashlyn wrote:pinker thanks for the reply :-)

what machine do you use and how often did you get treatments to start off?

I have heard of the side effects of surgery and know it is risky. Thats why I wish to check out the electric treatments first.
Hey, I use the idrostar machine.

Before I bought the machine I had 7 treatments in hospital which lasted 4 weeks. After that I had to do around 2 or 3 treatments a week to remain dry (each treatment around 40 minutes). With some people they might only need one treatment a week or maybe less, but I think mine was quite bad, that's why I use glycopyrrolate solution now instead of tap water.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn »

Thanks pinker!