London meet

sebmel

London meet

Post by sebmel »

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from HH for around 5 years and have only recently (in the last few months) become aware that there are online communities for people like us. Through message boards like these I've discovered that there are many treatments available, although each appears to have its own flaws and degree of effectiveness.

One of the major problems that I've noticed we seem to suffer from is that it is very hard to meet people because of our condition. There is nothing I would like more than to be able to have a normal social life. To further that end I have decided to be proactive about it and to organise a London meet in an environment where we can all meet people without the usual pressures we have to face.

I'm hoping I'll be able to generate enough interest in this that we can get a decent turnout. A large group would be great, although I'm happy to do it even if only a few people turn up. Since we'll all be HH sufferers, nobody is going to care if you're sweating, and you won't have to feel ashamed of it. Sounds great, doesn't it?

Ideally I will find a bar that is centrally located in London with good air conditioning, and preferably where we can have a private area to ourselves.

I'd like this to be open to as many people as possible (the only condition is that you must suffer from HH!) but I realise that we're not all from London. I'll be happy to help people to find cheap accommodation if they are travelling and would like to stay the night. I'd like to aim for a Saturday evening if possible.

If you're interested, send me an email to sebmel@privatemail.me.uk. Once I have a few people on board, I'll arrange the details.

Lets do this!

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn »

What a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, I live in the US :-(

Pdan

Re: London meet

Post by Pdan »

Did you ever manage to get this sorted? I would be really interested in meeting with people who suffer with palmer hyperhidrosis and have done for as far back as I can remember! Iv sent an email to the email address as below and its bounced back??

Melon88

Post by Melon88 »

Did this ever get organised? I'd also be interested, seems there isn't much interest from many people :-(

superyou

Post by superyou »

I'm afraid to say there aren't many regulars on this message board, let alone enough in any one location to arrange a meeting.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will be in London for 3 weeks from July 31-August 23. Would not mind meeting anyone. Prefer a bar, but am willing to check out other places. Will be reliant on public transportation most of the time. PM me if interested.