my WHOLE body sweats

Simmo

my WHOLE body sweats

Post by Simmo »

Hello all,

i have only just become aware of this forum, and hopefully i will get some great info and help from other members.

I have suffered with excessive sweating now for around 8 yrs.
I have searched the internet and spoke to many people about treatment, all of which i have seen mentioned in this forum (except the oral drugs).

I have a problem though............. all of these treatments seem to be for a targeted area of the body, however my WHOLE body sweats.

Is this the same for anybody else???

Partners of mine have commented that i am always warm to touch, for example laying next to me in bed they would be uncomfortablly hot from my body heat.

Does this apply to anyone hear?

Any feed back or comments would be greatly appreciated

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Simmo, welcome to the forums. Many people have whole body sweating. However, hyperhidrosis treatments other than drugs are generally only effective for localized sweating.

Do you also sweat a lot in your palms and/feet and/or face?

My body gets cold very easily at times (probably a side effect of having had ETS surgery) and my hands get very cold from time to time. I wish I had a warmer body and hands like before ETS! I guess we are never satisfied either way.

Anyway, you can read some interesting threads in the Robinul and Ditropan sections of the forum before embarking on taking medications.

Some people see a decrease in body sweating with age and maybe you will be one of those. I seem to have much less CS these days than I did a few years ago. Becoming calmer is one reason why, but maybe it is also a hormonal thing (like women on menopause?).

Good luck.

clack013

Post by clack013 »

thats interesting. people say im always really hot too, but if I take my temperature it is usually slightly lower than most peoples.

Simmo

thanks

Post by Simmo »

thanks for telling me about the drugs such as ditropan.

i have seen my doctor, but ditropan is not currently used in the UK for treatment of hyperhydrosis, and the doctor is therefore reluctant to perscribe me it.

I am starting work in the US in a few weeks. Is ditropan or robinul or any of the other available to buy without persciption??

supersoaker

Re: my WHOLE body sweats

Post by supersoaker »

Robinul 2mg 3x day will likely stop your sweating. It is not indicated for hyperhidrosis but bring literature from the internet and the doctor will likely prescribe it for you. Some physicians assistants will not because they are only allowed to prescribe medications that are FDA approved for the particular illness. You can get around this by telling them that you also have overactive bladder as this is an FDA approved use for robinul. It is expensive without insurance. Also try applying drysol(prescription) or certain dry(drugstores) to affected areas, even if they are large areas. I apply certain dry to my entire thighs, armpits and groin regions and it stops my sweating. apply bactine if the itching is too severe. Ditropan is much cheaper without a prescription, but doesnt work as well for me ( and I think most ppl) and i had much worse side effects.