At what age did it start for you?

Bambi

At what age did it start for you?

Post by Bambi »

My palmar HH first became noticeable at 14. I am curious when others first noticed their HH.

monkeytine

Post by monkeytine »

Since I can remember...but it didn't effect my self esteem or emotional state until I was in 3rd or 4th grade. It got progressively worse after that, and was at it's peak when I was 22, right before I had botox.

SweatParty

Post by SweatParty »

I think about 12 years old for me was the first time I remember one of my friends noticing my hands were always sweaty. His older brother kinda laughed at it but we hung out a lot so he grew to not care.

It was unbearably bad in a lot of high school

Lately it seems I have more sweat-free days, but when I start sweating, it's still as bad as ever. Dripping hands, discoloration, hands getting very cold, etc.

Need to get rid of this...

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Well mine started from when I was a baby... My parents always told me they never understood why I was such a sweaty baby until they took me to the doctors and she told them both all about HH!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mine started at 14. I messed up all my exam papers, had to tell the first girl I held hands with that I just washed them and that is why they my hands were wet, and of course my best guy friends would hate to give me a high five! I had the surgery when I was almost 20 years old and the hands have been dry since.
Last edited by admin on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve_nf

Post by steve_nf »

Mine started pre-puberty age, so like around age 10. My strongest earliest memory of it was in 4th grade when I was taking a state standardized writing test. My teacher was walking around the room and when she came to me saw my paper was ripping because some parts were just so wet. I remember her reaction was like: :o She gave me tissues because of it.

AnnetteinNC

Post by AnnetteinNC »

I first noticed it in 1st. grade while learning how to knit,God what a nightmare that was!! The wool would always get stuck to my fingers :(
School in general was terrible, especially when it came to writing of course since then the paper would stick to my hands.
I never,ever leave the house without at least on paper towel and in summer several of them ;)

Sweaty Palms in USA

Post by Sweaty Palms in USA »

I remember from around 20 years old or so. I only remember because I would remember the girlfriend at the time would say something when she would hold my hands. That was 13 years ago. I dont recall or know if i had it before that. My sweaty hands doesnt really effect me emotionally at least I dont think so. I live a good life and know alot of people. I just know when to shake someones hands or when not too. I guess I dont have it as bad as others but im glad I found these forums and can try to find some kind of cure for it.

ysh

Post by ysh »

I have had the problem probably all my life. Until I was 13-14 it didn't bother me as much, but then I gradually got more and more aware of my problem. At the age of 17 I really understood that there was something that was not right, as no one else I knew was sweating this much. Prior to this I only suspected that I was sweating more than usual. A few years later I learned about hyperhydrosis thanks to the Internet, and it was kind of a releif that I was not alone with this condition. So much easier finding a solution with so many others searching and sharing.

alvine

Post by alvine »

as far as i can remember when i was 18 attending my college days and always conscious whenever i approach my classmates and will get disappointed by my sweaty hands. but it really affected me when i started to work and all the papers and things on my working table got wet.. tsk, tsk...

nevertheless, i tried to have a positive outlook whatever the outcome is. i motivated myself to always look at the brighter side on whatever God has given to us..

by the way, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you all with sweating problems, to visit and join my new weblog entitled THE ENLIGHTENED HYPERHIDROSIS SOCIETY. This is a virtual community for individuals with similar perspiration problem like me. The weblog has a tagline "breaking the barriers toward freedom, enlightenment, and expansion. Below is the excerpt of the homepage:

"And this blog is what it is all about. That is, forming our circle of friends RIGHT HERE in this site. I purposely created this as a virtual support group in a worldwide range so that even the clammiest person in the remotest part of the world can partake in this relieving endeavor."

I am looking forward to meet you all and open yourself to the opportunity this world offers. "We have so much to discover and share."

justlikeyou

Post by justlikeyou »

Like monkeytine, I remember sweating profusely by K or 1st grade and it has been a PITA ever since. At almost 30 now, i'm looking for the best treatments I can find as it affects my entire body. (Armpits, hands, and feet are the worst tho).

m