Does anyone have these symptoms re: Plantar hyperhidrosis?

littlebee

Does anyone have these symptoms re: Plantar hyperhidrosis?

Post by littlebee »

I had ETS in 1996 for both hands and feet. Unfortunately like everyone else, it only worked for my hands...I have compensatory sweating on my abdomen and my back which I deal with.

My questions are:
1. Does anyone start to sweat when temperature or climate starts to get warm?
2. Does anyone start to sweat just by thinking about it?
3. Does anyone retain a lot of water especially in the hands and or feet when sweating? I wonder if this is a side effect...
4. Does anyone feel weak and exhausted after being out on a hot day and sweating profusely due to hyperhidrosis?

Because it sure does happen to me and I cant stand it! I just want to make sure that I am not the only who suffers this way. I cant wear flat, enclosed cute shoes or heels because of this (I often force myself to because socks and tennis shoes dont look good with a dress).I constantly suffer from toenail fungus and foot fungus, blisters, etc., because of my wet feet.

One more question, how can I try one of those Hydex machines first before buying just to make sure it works?

Hopefully, I will hear back from someone...

littlebee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi littlebee, my feet sweating worsened significantly after ETS in 1998 (my hand sweating went away).

1) I get chest and sometimes back sweat in hotter weather, but not much. And mostly it is when I exercise. My body can no longer seat above the nipple line since I had the T-2 ganglion cauterized.

2) No.

3) I definitely do not retain more water in my hands and/or feet.

4) No again. I do feel weak for other reasons, such as not getting enough good sleep, or whenever I exceed 185 lbs in weight and have been sitting in front of a computer all day. Remembering to excercise, get some sun and drinking a few glasses of water in a day usually take care of these problem.

Note that some of your symptoms could be tied to a thyroid disorder so I would have that checked.

On the page where I wrote my HIDREX testimonial (go to the www.no-ets.com website and click on the HIDREX link), I also have a link to a homemade iontophoresis machine youtube video. It is a crude way of doing it, and can be painful and has a less chance of working, but it is worth doing if you can't afford buying HIDREX. In Europe, a lot of clinics keep a HIDREX machine for you to test, but no clinic in the US does this as yet.

I also tested an IDROMED device, and it worked too. I will write a testimonial on that soon. I think I prefer it to HIDREX in some ways.

Note that Markus, the selling agent in Germany, offers a money back guarantee if the HIDREX or IDROMED machines do not work.
Last edited by admin on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlebee

Post by littlebee »

Hello,
I talked to you back in Februay. I thought that you had recommended an Idromed 5 so I broke down and got myself a Idromed machine. I had to go and get an adapter. It still does not work. I cant figure out how to get help. I have sent a general inquiry to markus binder and I got a rude reply back. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do? My machine cost $827. I am dying to use it to see if it will work. the hot summer weather is here and Im miserable. Please reply ASAP.
littlebee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello littlebee, sorry to hear about your troubles. I am surprised that Markus responded rudely. Did you try posting on his forum (he has a special section on there for customers only)? Most people have success with iontophoresis, and the vast majority seem to have success if they persist. The main issue with lack of success seems to be water type. I got great results in the US, but when on vacation in England, I had bad results.

It seems that hard water is a lot better than soft water for iontophoresis therapy, since the former has more minerals in it. Someone told me to try rain water when in doubt or when traveling.

Markus offers a money back guarantee if the machine does not work after you try his suggestions. Please post here if you have success or even if you decide to return the machine.

Also check out the homemade iontophoresis video on youtube and read all the questions and answers underneath. Finally, maybe you want to try Botox? I got it free at the IHHS volunteer session in April, and they have another one coming up in Atlanta in early July. See my Botox and feet sweating testimonial page on the main site for more.

Good luck!

littlebee

Post by littlebee »

thank you for your reply,
Yes, is it Markus Binder Im speaking to when I send a general inquiry? well he apologized and said the rude reply was to his shipping dept. he is sending me free of charge an adapter.
Im supposed to have 8 weeks to try it; if I paid for it on 05/17/10 does that mean I only have 4 weeks left to try it? It will take forever before I get the correct adapter...
I cant log into the personal support because I get a message saying my password is incorrect, yet I am able to use my same password to log in and speak to you. This forum is the most difficult website to understand and so is Markus Binder's instructions. Im so frustrated!!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you have the same password on this forum as on his forum? We are two different forums!

English is not Markus's first language, so sometimes he might sound rude when he is not:-)

Hopefully the machine works for you. Try rain water if tap water is not hard enough in your area.