Hyperhidrosis "Support" Group in the UK

admin
Site Admin

Hyperhidrosis "Support" Group in the UK

Post by admin »

In 2008, the hyperhidrosis "support" group in the UK used a page of my main website's original content in its newsletter without citing the source, assuming that it is okay to plagiarize on the internet. Despite my finding out and letting them know, it seems like they used the copied content again in 2009. The owner of that group told me that she didn't realize that things on the internet could not be copied!

If anyone is getting that group's newsletters, please forward them to me at ets(underscore)stats@yahoo.com since I would like them to stop plagiarizing my work. They refuse to display a link to my website when they copy from it. My guess is that this is because they are paid by an iontophoresis machine supplier to only promote that one particular brand of machine. If they link to my site, they can see that there are at least ten other competing products.

KeithUK

Re: Hyperhidrosis "Support" Group in the UK

Post by KeithUK »

Hi,
I had contact with Julie, years ago when site was very basic. She was a nurse and helped people with ionophororosis. Spelling? I'm tired at 3.30am. I agree. I think she is biast because of her original start up connection with a supplier. But she was making the effort to help people and answer their questions in her own time without pay as such. Info was very scarce then.
She is on a video on our NHS, National Health Service site, Hyperhidrosis and doesn't mention medication at all. I am a big supported of meds. I am not sure if it is the old reluctance with meds or as you say, pushing the machines. Which I am sure work for some people, but I got impression they wore off and start to need more sessions.

You know how bad it still is and how difficult to get anywhere with the doctors for most people. We know more than them, but unfortunately most of the drugs have not been trialled properly.

I pull up all sorts of stuff, but still not sure if anyone is doing research.

Have to dig out my old paperwork. I use to see a site from Norway or somewhere that was dead against ets, trying to get it stopped.

You feel you've collected so much info, but don't know what to do with it.

Cheers

Keith