To Iontophoresis or not?

Sweaty Palms in USA

To Iontophoresis or not?

Post by Sweaty Palms in USA »

Been suffering from palmar Hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember. Recently seems like my hands starting to sweat more and I cannot shake peoples hands anymore. I probably have to shake 10-20 peoples hands every weekend. I have thought about getting ETS done but after finding these forums Ive been reading about it and maybe Iontophoresis machine would work.. Who has used an Iontophoresis and cured palmar hyperhidrosis? A machine is around 800-1000$ im not sure if I should just save that money towards ETS..

ysh

Post by ysh »

I bought a Hidrex PC in the end of January, and have no problem with hands and feet anymore. I guess it's about 6 weeks of dryness now. I don't even start sweating from my hands or feet during exercise. I think you should give it a try and if it doesn't work just return the device and get your money back. I took me about two weeks of daily treatments to achieve dryness.

Sweaty Palms in USA

YSH how bad did you hands sweat?

ysh

Post by ysh »

Bad! My hands could drip unless I wiped them off and I would leave tiny pools of water on the keys when typing on a keyboard for example.

I didn't really expect Ionto to work, but I am glad it did and I wish I would have tried it sooner.

Sweaty Palms in USA

thanks for the fast response.. For about 15 years that i can remember having HH on my hands. I usually just dealt with the problem I am glad i found these fourms...

What made you choose the Hidrex PC unit over other units?

ysh

Post by ysh »

I decided to go for Hidrex because it could do both pulsed current and direct current. Direct current gives a more itchy feeling during treatment, so I really recommend a pulsed current unit. You can also set the treatment time with Hidrex. I don't think you can do that with Idromed as it always use a fixed time of 15 minutes. I do 20 minutes on feet, 15 minutes on hands and then occasionally 10 extra minutes for fingertips only, so being able to set the time is convenient.

I ordered my device from the german site that is advertised on this website because of the money back guarantee. The support has been excellent as well!

Sweaty Palms in USA

YSH does you hands feel any different other than being dry? Did you lose any feelings in your hands or do you hands feel weird or anything?