propranolol

razzle51

propranolol

Post by razzle51 »

has anybody ever usethis to treat sweating . what scares me its for blood pressure and your heat . thanks

H1H1

Re: propranolol

Post by H1H1 »

I suffered hugely with hyperhidrosis and over many years tried many ways of trying to prevent too much sweating. I tried some of the super deodorants that were meant to be applied at night, but even when hair drying my armpits and sleeping with my hands above my head, they just caused huge irritation, and I continued sweating just as heavily else where. I couldn't afford botox as to keep it working I would have to keep returning, and I wasn't keen on having my sweat glands cut out (as my dad had done as a teenager).. I'd still have the problem else where, and being female, I couldn't hide scars under armpit hair.
I did a lot of homework on the internet as it was affecting my confidence with getting a job and boyfriend, and I asked my GP if I could try Pro Banthine which is originally prescribed for problems with guts and can be used for its side effect to prevent sweating.
He agreed to trial me using it, and prescribed me to take 2 tablets every morning, 2 every night and 2 throughout the day.
I took my first that evening and woke up to feel non-clammy hands for the first time in my adult life.
I had to experiment a little with the dosage which I need, and now I regularly take the tablets. One as soon as I wake (without fail, as if I take it after eating breakfast the tablets have a lot less effect for the entire day) and I take roughly another 2 throughout the day as and when I need them. Or sometimes up to 5 tablets, if I am wearing fabrics that show water marks easily or if I am nervous or going out in the evening.

I cannot recommend enough that if you suffer with over sweating that you try Pro Banthine pills as the effect has been so dramatic with me.
I can now wear coloured clothing and I have had confidence to find a job (I have clothes that I can wear to work!) and confidence to have a relationship.

Also the tablets are tiny. They are the size of a contraceptive pill so very discreet to take (people will think they're an allergy tablet) and very easy to swallow.

The first day I took them I noticed the dramatic improvement, however it did feel strange and my eyes felt dry but since I played about with how many my body needs I don't have any side effects and I have now been taking them for 16 months.

If hyperhidrosis effects you to the extent that it did with me, please speak to your gp, and if other methods such as the deodorants don't work, ask to try Pro Banthine.
I hope it makes a difference for many others too.