I'd do anything to enjoy the sunshine

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Rico

I'd do anything to enjoy the sunshine

Post by Rico »

Hi my name is Richard, I'm 30 from the UK and I've been suffering with hyperhidrosis since my teens. Unfortunately after trying a few different treatments without any success the doctor referred me for ETS about 12 years ago. To be honest I believed, rather naively that this surgery would change my life for the better. Little did I know that it would destroy and limit so many aspects of my life.

The surgery has left me with severe compensatory sweating over all of my body that I just don't know how to cope with. My life feels like its in limbo, everyday and every situation I'm constantly worrying about what to wear, what I'll be doing, will anyone notice, will anyone touch me.

I'd give anything to get rid of this disease which has a massive impact on my mental health and has me considering ending my life on different occasions. Im constantly attending the GP and getting referred to dermatology in the hope of some miraculous new treatment that could save my life.

To be honest I feel so bitter that the surgery has destroyed me and I feel so let down by the health service that nobody I have came across seems to comprehend the massive impact hyperhidrosis has on our lives. I'm yet to meet a consultant who knows what they're talking about that doesn't fob me off with the same rubbish.

It would be good to hear back from someone in a similar situation. Sorry if my post is a bit negative but the sun has just come out so the rest of the country is in a good mood!

Hope327

Re: I'd do anything to enjoy the sunshine

Post by Hope327 »

Hi I understand what you're going through because I have compensatory sweating as well. I have to move from my hometown to another city where the weather is not too hot. I didn't want to move but I had no choice. You can imagine how much frustrated and upset I am, far away from family and friends… No one can blame you if you have a bad mood Richard.

I'd like to share with you my experience to reduce compensatory sweating: change your diet *maybe you’ve already read it somewhere on internet* I cut down all the meat in my meal for 6 months, kept away from fast food and learn to love vegetable. I know this is not a cure but until the doctors give us an efficacious cure… so you can try that.

Take care and sorry for my bad English :mrgreen:

Rico

Post by Rico »

Sorry to hear that the CS has forced you to move, I'm sure it must of been a terrible decision to make. How do you find living a cooler city?

To be honest I haven't tried to change my diet at all. How helpful have you found it?

When did you have ETS? It just really gets to me that none of the health professionals have any information or advice on how to deal with the aftermath of ETS. There just doesn't seem to be any support available and I'm sure I'm not the only person that is unemployed due to hyperhidrosis.

Have you found any items of clothing useful at covering up the sweating?

Hope327

Post by Hope327 »

My parents still provide for me now :| I really want to help them back. After graduation from high school my life became a nightmare due ETS. I had it when I'm 18. And Richard, did you ever try Botox? How is the weather in your city?

Contrary to sweating armpits I realize my compensatory sweating depends a lot on the weather. It lessens when it's cool and when I don't have to walk too much in the sunshine. I believe you used to notice that you sweat more when you're eating, especially with hot food, meat, fish… Since I eliminate all of them from my menu I think somehow my body temperature nearly takes back the control. By the way I’m trying concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey. I thought natural remedies were silly but now I give it a shot. For clothing, the product from sweatshieldundershirt.com seems to look good but I haven't tried it yet. You can take a look at here too: kleinerts.com/body-guard-absorbent-shields-with-double-sided-tape.html I'm stuck in black color and still look for a solution.
Last edited by Hope327 on Fri May 18, 2012 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

steve_nf

Post by steve_nf »

Hope327 wrote:For clothing, the product from sweatshieldundershirt.com seems to look good but I haven't tried it yet. You can take a look at here too: kleinerts.com/body-guard-absorbent-shields-with-double-sided-tape.html I'm stuck in black color and still look for a solution.
I don't recommend buying the Kleinerts clothing. I bought the underwear, hoping that my butt sweat wouldn't leave stains on chairs anymore, but it didn't work. It just soaks up the sweat until a certain point, and then it starts to leak through. I recommend buying Sutran clothing instead (google Sutran). Their clothing focuses on not letting the sweat leak through. There have been people who went to the gym with these shirts, and after a hard workout, there was absolutely no sweat stains. You can sweat all you want, but the sweat won't leak through. I believe this is because the clothing is composed of 2 layers, the inside layer prevents the sweat from seeping through, and the outer layer makes the clothing look normal. I have 4 of them myself, and they do work. They also recently developed an underwear, which I'll buy soon.

Hope327

Post by Hope327 »

Thanks for recommendation, steve.
Just check and I see their products are T-shirts not undershirts, if people touche you will they feel the wetness? That's one problem else i'm really worried about.
Er, i think I made a stupid question, of course they can feel it :|

amoyewan

Post by amoyewan »

Hi

I am new here. I am originally from another forum. Unfortunately, it can no longer be accessed. I missed them.

Anyways, my condition is armpit odor. What i did was I resorted to alternative medicine. and it did help control the sweating in my underarm. My office mate who has hyperhidrosis used the product too, and he seemed happy with it. My friend's affected area are from torso up to the neck. He is soaking wet in his chest, his back, and underarm. He told me he was diagnosed with thyroid problem. He was given medication for his excessive sweating, however, it causes his heart to palpitate fast. So, the medication was stop by the doctor without giving any alternative medication.

I wished my friend and i have met this herbalist from Manila earlier in my lifetime, i am almost golden age. My friend was not able to marry 'coz he cannot go out on a date. But who knows, perhaps now he might find the courage, now that his sweating seem to be under control.

My other friend had TMAU, it didn't work for him. Actually it did, but only for 4 hours, then started to smell like burnt rubber.

I know it's not my story, but i just thought that i share it 'coz it might worked for you too. The herbalist guy is actually giving it away for free. But he accepts donation. I gave him a $10 donation for the product. Since i thought of AHC which cost 17.90 euro excluding shipping, would only last less than a week. i gave $20 and he sent me 2 of this product and it's is enough for my use in a month.

I only have his cell number and i still need his permission if i can give his number to others.

If your interested, send me a message and i will give you where to reach this guy.