My history. Had ETS 8 years ago

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
SimpleNovember

My history. Had ETS 8 years ago

Post by SimpleNovember »

Hello.

I used to have sweaty hands ever since I was 13... It was awful (hands always wet). They would only stay dry when I was sleeping or sitting doing nothing, just moving the body would make 'em sweaty as I was getting hyper.
Anyway... Without any information I had my ETS in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2004. Never been to more than one doctor. I've seen the doctor in one week and two weeks later was my surgery. From Brazil I went straight to Toronto where I was living until the Christmas of 2004. Even with the harsh winter, my hands were fine.
Then moved to Florida in 2005 where I am still living. My hands got very dry in last couple of years.
My compensatory sweat can make me change shirts many times a day (IF I STAY WITHOUT AC FOR LONG HOURS) so I had to quit my job which was an outside job...

Now I've got chapped hands which are very dry and I must use lotions. I've tried baby oil but Neutrogena hand lotion has been the best.

What I mentioned above was written two years ago. I've learned with it. I don't sweat that much anymore. I think it was better having the surgery than having sweaty hands. Sometimes I have regrets but I will never turn back time.