Hyperhidrosis, Anxiety, Panic Attacks up to ETS

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
iiS

Hyperhidrosis, Anxiety, Panic Attacks up to ETS

Post by iiS »

History:

I suffer from Hyperhidrosis since I was a small kid,,, this stopped me from doing many things I wanted to do,,,, starting from sweaty hand on the exams papers,, not able to play piano or guitar,,, never wearing a sandal ,, to avoiding people,,, unsuccessful relations specially starting the teenage due to my sweaty hands,,

I understand that Hyperhidrosis emerge from hyper activity in the sympathetic nerve. Along with Hyperhidrosis, I also suffer from the following symptoms:

▪ Terrible anxiety
▪ Light sleeping (not deep sleeping)
▪ Panic Attacks (for very normal activities such as making a presentation: This is high speed heart beating, very strong pulse, tremor tongue, coldness, sweating) ,,, (kind of over reaction)
▪ Social phobia
▪ Stage fright and not capable of reading in public most of the times (tremor tongue)
▪ Blushing (kind of over reaction)
▪ Sometimes Stuttering and most of time talking at a very high speed not able to pronouncing the letters well (even if I set my mind,, many of the times I can’t control it,,, i can’t pronounce the word I want to say,,, and at other very little times I can say it very well,,, interesting that this is also MOST of the time,, but NOT ALL of the time,, which mean its triggered by something I don’t know,,
▪ Want to do 1000 in the same time.,, for example if i am going out of home,,, i plan to do about 10 things,,, but logically the i should make 2 or 3 things ,,
▪ Low focusing (very difficult to memorize ) - I think this is a side effect of the anxiety,,
▪ You can also add to the list unsatisfactory *** performance because i try to avoid touch my partner with my hand during intercourse, or touching her body softly,,etc,, because sweaty hand and off course feet,,

Treatments used :

Before 2011: tried no treatment

During 2011: iontophorosis,, worked ok for me ,, but i dont have 30 to 40 minutes every day,, and it is missy with water,, and putting my hand then feet in water with unpleasant feeling,,etc ... I am not using it any more.

During 2012: I took botox injections in Feb 2012: used 1 bottle for both palms. This treated me for 6 weeks only. I then in May I used 2 bottles for both hands ,, i am now in July 2012 (i.e. 12 weeks) and started having 60% results.   Interesting things i noted are; I noted that my feet sweating is much less, i think because mentally i know that my hand are not sweating.   

After the extreme panic attack 3 months ago i went to a phsycatric and he gave me SSRI (i used SSRI in Feb 2012, and Mar 2012, then now using 5HTP).   The combination of Botox + 5 HTP made me a new person,, a one who i wish to be always .. i am much better,, with v good results for stage fright, social salutations,, ,,more focused,,, talkative , funny,,, take stress in smooth way,, and i able to know new people much more easily.  Also 5 HTP (and SSRI) made me speak much much better,, pronouncing each letter,, and talking with less effort, better organized thinking.  However,, now after 1 month using 5 HTP ,, i am talking very quick again,,, sleeping is better than the last 2 years,,, but its not a kind of very very deep sleeping ,, but better than before,,, i get about 6 hours sleep,, compared to 4 to 5 before.  (note the SSRI; Faverine 100 mg per day made sleep very well,,, ,, however i used to take SSRI cipralex 5 Mg per day for 8 month during 2010 when a doctor gave me because i want to do 1000 at work at the same time, but i did nt like at all, and was did not help in sleeping at all).
I am now using HTP5 100 mg to 150mg  per day..   great effect on social phobia, facial blush, I think also stage freight,,, less tensed and give things its time

2012 (NOW):  I thought about having the ETS procedure and after making searches decided to go for ETS procedure (blocking at T4).

At the moment: Unfortunately, I am so confused after reading on the website people with desperate results and other with excellent results. Also, new critical things emerged i never thought about,, like people fainting or having very low pulse and almost feeling die ing ... , smaller lunges volume,,,effect on feelings.. laziness feeling or less active ,, returning sweating,  loss of energy, effect heart performance, pacemaker, change in body temp.
..etc.

I Believe these are HORRIBLE possible side effects,,, does any one have a comment on that,,?

I appreciate receiving your comments.

Jhmn

Re: Hyperhidrosis, Anxiety, Panic Attacks up to ETS

Post by Jhmn »

I've had HH all my life at age25 I had ets I became another person that I did not know existed I am so comfortable my hands, feet and armpits all reduced sweating. I had no negative side effects from the surgery. You should do it. I could give u a doctor recommendation. It's past June at age 29 I had sub dermal laser ablation on my feet to further reduce sweating so I could wear sandals and high heels like other women. Bad mistake I was laid up for several months and had to learn to walk again. My feet still sweat and I have severe nerve pain and scaring. So I am mad that I did the second surgery because of all the negative side effects and no positive results. You should however do ets because the results happen on the operating table. It was the best day of my life. Now I love shaking people's hands in fact I usually put my hand out first!