Just need someone who understands

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
dvorak0105

Just need someone who understands

Post by dvorak0105 »

Hey guys,

So I'm well new to this site, I've not actually posted in any forums before but thought it was about time as this HH thing is really starting to bother me.
My names Olivia and I'm 21. I think i've had HH all my life but only started to notice it as being unusual when I was about 16. I only went to get it checked out when I was about 18 and was the diagnosed with it, pretty easily just by looking at me; which is even more depressing!
I have the worst excess sweating on my hands and feet. They drip continuously, especially my feet and I don't remember a time when my hands have been dry. I find it near to impossible to wear sandals or flip flops or anything without socks as my feet just slip all over the place and I can't walk. I am a very keen musician and tennis player and holding my racket was near to impossible and as I play stringed instruments, guitar, bass, cello and piano I literally could never play them without them litreally going wet. It is awful. I also had a tattoo done on my foot and the guy had to almost stop doing it because the sweat was so bad there was a pool beneath my foot. I did a degree in Chemistry and lab work and lecture work or anything was awful. My hands would condensate inside my lab gloves and my grip would go and my lecture notes would be soaked from just taking notes in a theatre, no matter how cold it was in there.
I have a boyfriend of over 2 years and he is amazing with my condition, I know he says he isnt bothered by it, but I cant hold his hand properly and to be blunt, *** is sweaty as all holy hell. I know its a physical thing so its not going to be dry haha but the bed is completely soaked by then end. My lower back and knees are extremely bad and as I get it under my arms too...i mean seriously...how unsexy is that!!
I've never really talked to anyone about this except my bf and I just want to talk to people about it who know what its like.
As everyone knows, the social thing is the worst part, shaking hands, meeting people etc. Its a nightmare. No one seems to get how badly I find this problem. It affects me more than I thought and frequently makes me upset. Driving my car is also a nightmare and I want to enjoy the sun!
I've tried many things and ive got the iono machine and nothing has helped me and theres nothing to help my lower back either.
Will it get even worse later on in my life? What if I have to live in a freezing cold country for the rest of my life just to attempt to have a normal life! I cant enjoy holidays or anything! I want some help or maybe just sympathy. Its an awful condition that all of you seem to understand and I guess I just need that reassurance that its not the worst thing and it can be helped.
Thank you so much for reading this guys,
I appreciate any comments or anything!
xxxx

graydwarf

Re: Just need someone who understands

Post by graydwarf »

I'm hear you and feel your pain. I'm still looking for ways to help and/or cure my HH. Working on two things myself. How to shock the crud out of my feet (on shoe string budget) to see if that helps. Seems to be hit and miss with people and I think some have success with one type of device but not another. I'm also going to try placing antiperspirants on at night instead of in the morning. I failed to try that basic approach so I'm going to give it a shot.

When I share my frustrations with my wife, she doesn't get it. She says, "I never smell anything" so while I'm fine with that, it doesn't help. My feet just get incredibly hot in shoes and more so at work (stress perhaps) so sweating makes sense. When out of shoes my feet are normal and are actually freezing right now on a warm summer day. Weirdest and most frustrating thing ever. I think I have odd feet because shoes have always been real tight where the laces are. To the point of my feet feeling painfully compressed which is obviously a bad thing for my type of feet.

I guess I need a shoe with no bottom and no top. :|

I'll be posting any findings here for better or worse and wish you the best on your journey.

chocolate-milk

Post by chocolate-milk »

I completely understand! This condition can prevent a person from leading a normal life in so many different ways! You really should give the product AHC sensitive a go, its the best one ive found so far and I know they make different ones for different parts of the body. I use the sensitive one as I sweat from my arm pits but I know there is one for hands & feet! You can buy them off of a website called scrubsuk! I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me! The best advice I can give you is to try and not stress about it too much (easier said than done!), us sweaty people have to accept that it is just a part of who we are & try and not sweat it :) Keep your chin up!

AVANTIKAA

Post by AVANTIKAA »

Hey,
I am an 18 yr old gal and my life is so miserable thanks to HH. I have had this for the past 11 years or maybe longer. When i was a kid i never paid attention to it and it never bothered me but then as i grew up and by the time i was ready to go to high school i started realizing this and i felt abnormal. i observed other people my classmates my parents and everbody else around me rather i observed their palms and feet but nobody sweated like me. it was a pain and i had no option but to crib about it and offcourse live with it. Writing in exams and sitting in a stuffy room were the worst experiences for me and they still are. I somehow dealt with all these . I probably suffer from the worst forms of HH coz nothing at all has worked for me. And docs dont recommend surgery and neither do my parents.So i have accepted my life with all its shortcomings. And i need not mention them coz u already know . But i am glad to join this site where i can talk to people who are like me and who feel like me. I would just tell you live life as it comes dont forget we have our hands and feet safe and functioning although they are always wet. Well coz i guess life wouldve been a lot more miserable if we had no palms and feet! :D hope uve read this and taken my suggestion positively. :) And yes i do understand you!:)