Intermittent Forehead Sweating

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Aforce1

Intermittent Forehead Sweating

Post by Aforce1 »

Hi Guys

I joined this forum to hopefully find some answers regarding my sweating issues. I’ve had this condition for about 5 years now, I don’t sweat all the time and only sweat under the arms when I walk more than 10mins or so but I use Driclor which really helped my armpit sweating. I want to discuss my forehead sweating which is really frustrating. It’s intermittent rather than constant sweat, sort of like a hot flush, I know when it’s going to happen because of tingling sensation in my mouth and then sweat from the forehead begins. I found having mint chewing gum (Wrigley’s Extra) stops the sweat immediately for some reason. I always carry the chewing gum with me so I can chew it when I get the tingling in my mouth. I’ve noticed that my sweating is a lot worse when I oversleep e.g. 8 hours+ and I’m guaranteed to sweat from my forehead when I eat certain foods like raisins, any vinegar-content food (e.g Crisps) , orange juice and Meat.

Any input would be useful, I have an appointment with my doctor next week which will be the first time I’m approaching the Dr for sweating issues as I’ve been putting it off for a long time.

graydwarf

Re: Intermittent Forehead Sweating

Post by graydwarf »

The gum and various trigger foods are interesting. Food and drink don't seem to play a part in my problems as far as I can tell. Have you tried different gums, plain mint, teaspoon of sugar, and/or chewing on something to see if it's the act of chewing ? Just some ideas to narrow it down. :( Any chance it's a blood/sugar thing?

Aforce1

Re: Intermittent Forehead Sweating

Post by Aforce1 »

Sorry about the delay, I had notification to replies switched off. I went to my GP and had a blood test to check hormone function and all that good stuff but it came back negative. The doc wrote a prescription for a strong deodorant which isn't really a solution because I'm sure the sweating isn't the primary problem simply from the fact that the mouth tingling always kicks things off; the deodorant just minimises the sweat but I still have the hot-feverish-head type feeling.

To reply to your questions, I've tried other gums and other chewable things but it's only the mint that has an effect. I took Paracetamol once for it's effects on feverishness and it was great, no sweat, but that's a bad road to go down and it's definitely not a solution I'm willing to try.