Sub dermal laser ablation

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Jhmn

Sub dermal laser ablation

Post by Jhmn »

Has anyone had laser ablation done to their feet? I am looking for others to find out how they coped with recovery. I had this done in June and it had been a long road. Lots of physical therapy to learn to walk, stand, sit, to stairs again.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sub dermal laser ablation

Post by admin »

Dear Jhmn,

Thanks for your very interesting post, and I am sorry to hear about your laser ablation side effects on the feet. SDLA was meants for the armpits, but it seems like some surgeons are offering similar laser procedures for the feet and other body parts.

I was skeptical about Dr. Nielsen's recent claims of successfully treating sweating in most areas of the body with lasers. Was he your surgeon?

I am also reluctant to recommend lumbar sympathectomy for the feet (only Dr. Reisfeld seems to be offering this at the moment in the US).

Please post more details about your procedure, side effects, and surgeon experience. Did insurance cover this procedure?

I am almost considering looking for a lawyer to come on here and help people who get side effects from these newer oftentimes experimental procedures. At the very least, you should get all your expenses refunded.

Jhmn

Post by Jhmn »

side effects were extreme pain with no pain meds, physical therapy that I sought out on my own as my surgeon was not responsive to my needs, had to crawl around in my home, help needed for bathing, everyday things, could not drive, someone drove me to work and I crawled there, I was almost two months before I took my first steps with a walker, it was like a baby learning to walk, it could be up to a year before my nerve pain is gone, this is infrequent stings, zings, and zolts that I feel, after all this my feet still sweat, and when they do sweat there is extreme discomfort as the nerves are damaged and need to heal,

t5chris

Post by t5chris »

Jhmn / Admin,

Could you contact me regarding this, I would like to talk. I also had a procedure done by Dr. Nielsen on the feet and my primary doctor believes I have tendon damage and nerve damage likely permanent from the procedure. He assured me I would be up and running within a couple of weeks, but I was in bed for 2 months, wheel chair another month, crutches for another month on top of that. I have not fully recovered nor am anywhere near full recovery.

Thank you,
Chris

Jhmn

Post by Jhmn »

Send me your full number and I can call you. It is missing a number.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I added a page on these problems with the laser procedures here so as to prevent others from making the same mistake:

http://www.no-ets.com/laser-sweat-treatments.html