Thank you for the WARNING about Ets surgery!!!!!

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
SilverCloud

Thank you for the WARNING about Ets surgery!!!!!

Post by SilverCloud »

:shock: I have read with great horror and increasing interest about the hoax of Ets surgery. Living on the west coast, in Wash state, married college educ. age 55. female. I like so many others here and elsewhere- have some social phobias. My biggest trouble began as a child of 10 or so reading a story in front of my class in school. To my dismay i began to hear a great deal of whispering by the students as i was giving my presentation. They kept saying i was turning bright pink--my arms even! Well, thats all it took and from then onward--i was terrified. I continued to be truamatized at the very idea of this ever happening again. (and of course when it did keep happening...i was simply mortified!!) This problem leveled off after high school with some scattered occurrences continuing till past age 30, then 40, then 50! Where i am now. Needless to say--i STILL have some trouble with this even today. It isn't that bad-- but when i heard of a simple surgery to put an instant STOP to this--i thought "Thats Great!!". I found a surgeon out here in King county-- and began planning the Ets surgery and looking forward to this as my insurance was to pay for it. I had made an appointment with the Dr's office and thought i would just go along and get it done asap. Then-- i started to wonder how severing the internal sympathetic nerve(s) were going to affect my entire body...(NOT just the face--or hands or feet as the case may be) I read and read and read these reports in forums like this one. 3 hours or so straight the day i found them. I swear i can't thank you people enough for STOPPING me!!!! I was dead-bent on doing this and had it PLANNED--was excited and only began to read warnings as an afterthought--(since the Dr's office had said on the phone when i asked- that it was easy-- and came with only a few risks) The scheduler told me she" hadn't heard of any really terrible results ever".. and added that this doctor had done quite a few of these operations. I am embarrassed to say this but i am a retired Reg. Nurse--and thats the reason i got a little suspicious--as knowing that the nervous system is very complex and theres no such thing as a thoracic sympathetic nerve that only effects one small region or organ. I would have done it just the same if there were no personal stories and warnings--b/c i wanted to put a stop to a problem that makes me socially somewhat hesitant (only sometimes)..but, was enough though to make me want the Ets surg. I am horrified to read of the devastation upon the many lives shattered by this operation. You are all an inspiration to me for your bravery and honesty online. I am a stubborn person and would have done this. I truly shutter and count my blessings. My plan now is just to go see a good counselor. Nobody needs to pay someone to destroy their body and mind b/c they blush or sweat slightly more than most..or even if it's way more than most. There are other ways to deal with these things. Thank you for stopping me--i am 55 and still have many good years left. Keep in mind to all of you considering this Ets surgery--- ONCE ITS DONE--YOUR RESULTS REMAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND THERES NO WAY OUT. God bless all, and keep on keeping on.

golfer

Re: Thank you for the WARNING about Ets surgery!!!!!

Post by golfer »

what was your reason for thinking about getting ETS?

And yeah I am glad i read more about ETS or i would have definitely gone through with it. My sweating hands/feet bother me to no end, but i can only imagine how bad it would be if i were sweating like that all over my body. i've developed a lot of ways to hide my sweaty hands (as most of you probably have) but i don't think it would be easy to hide buttocks/torso sweating since it would be soaking through clothes and stuff.