Just an intro...just found this forum

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
ghostt

Just an intro...just found this forum

Post by ghostt »

Hi,
Just found this forum. I am a HH sufferer and had an ETS in 2004.

Since then things have been difficult with the compensatory sweating. Good to have a place now that I can come and speak with others.

G.

superyou

Re: Just an intro...just found this forum

Post by superyou »

Was the ETS successful and a positive thing for you?

What is difficult about your compensatory sweating? Where and when are you sweating?

-Robert

ghostt

Re: Just an intro...just found this forum

Post by ghostt »

I copied my story from the ETS thread..

I had a ETS done in 2004, and due to my embarrassment with facial and body sweating I took all the surgeons advice as gospel.
I was mid-20's and didn't know these forums existed, and didn't even know there were HH dedicated societies and support groups. The surgeon said it's basically in and out, I'll have 6 keyhole incisions, and maybe a bit of compensatory sweating but wearing a singlet will be fine to cover it up.

Anyway I woke up dry and feeling happy. I did have trouble opening one eye, but as the operation swelling went down my eye regained normal use. As the years went by though the compensatory sweating became overwhelming.

Basically from the nipples upward I am completely dry. As for the rest of me I am wet doing the most simple of tasks. Sweat runs down my legs at work and I had to give up working retail. I was changing shirts 3 times a shift and it got to a point I gave up on working in the public eye. At my sisters wedding last year I wore 2 singlets, and a t-shirt under my suit outfit to try and hide sweat patches. My socks are always wet, and I go through shoes faster than my friends replace their shoes.

On a brighter note, due to finding this forum, I approached my GP this weekend, and discussed the use of Propantheline I saw on this forum. This weekend I am trying it out for the first time, and I hope to let you guys know at the end of this week how it worked.