MY PALMAR HH STORY

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Andre>I

MY PALMAR HH STORY

Post by Andre>I »

Good day everyone, my name is Andrey, I am 28, from Russia. I would like to share my HH story.
I have been suffering from palmar HH ever since I remember myself.
It is a closed circle- any anxiety, even minor, causes wet hands and than the wet hands cause even more anxiety.
Needless to say here how horrible all of it is.

I started to fight with it when I was around 23 and realized that it is something that will not go away on its own. There are many resources related to the HH,but for me especially this forum was finally helphul,as I found all possible ways(at present days) that are being practiced to deal with HH.
I started from the most simple, hoping that it might help- antiperspirant.
At the nearest drug store I got Dry-Dry. I thoroughly used it as per instruction for a whole week..
Absolutely zero effect on palms for me, looks like this kind of treatment is intended for people how actually do not need any at all. May be for armpits it works better..I don t know. Maxim and Odaban have similar content and i believe would also be of no real help.

After that I decided to perform Botox injections. It was absolutely quick and not so much painful. After about a week my hands were completely dry!
Cannot describe how happy I was, confident like never before! Shaking hands and doing routines as a new person. But after a month effect started to vanish and in another 2-3 weeks my palmar HH all had been back. Procedure cost was about 800 us dollars(80 botox units each palm)- too much to carry out every 5-6 weeks.

So the next step would be to try iontophoresis. I ordered Hidrex PSP1000 and started using it. It takes a while to figure out what settings should be set as these parameters vary from person to person, but the main thing is- IT WORKS! It really does.
For me I set 20 ma and do for 20 minutes. If started from scratch- it takes 10-12 times to get hands 90% dry. It happens all of a sudden, on 10th procedure you may be cursing your destiny and device makers and on 11th day hands are almost dry. At least it was this way for me=)
Than I do few more procedures until hands are totally dry, and after that go to maintenance schedule- 2-3 times a week. It depends, if there is a reason to be worried about something(=having sweaty palms)-important meeting or so- then I do it every second day. Otherwise it is ok to do every 3-4 days..
The important thing for maintenance is- if sweating started to come back- you cant stop it, all procedure needs to be done from the beginning.

In the upshot- Ionto DOES work for me. But it takes time and makes you kind of slave of that machine.
Even so I do not consider ETS any longer, cause it is too risky, you will never know what your personal bad consequences will be until it is too late. There are real people whose life ETS turned to a total nightmare.
As for me- I still do Ionto,it has been around 3 years. To be honest I am pretty much tired of this procedures. I am frequently looking in the internet about new methods of curing this but so far nothing.. Laser-too risky and not effective, pills-every day use and many side effects, herbs-may help for people with mild or less degree of HH. ETS-only for the most desperate ones. Ionto-working good but frequent maintenance also makes you crazy when the initial burst of happiness goes away a little.
Waiting for something new..revolutionary perhaps, to help us all,dear friends.

Thank you for attention and special THANKS for the forum,usefull and helphul place to share the HH issues.
Andrey