Hyperhidrosis, my story.

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
ale22heat

Hyperhidrosis, my story.

Post by ale22heat »

Hello, my name is Alejandro and I am South Florida resident. I have a medical condition called Hyperhidrosis (I am pretty sure that it is Primary Hyperhidrosis, which is the one that the person is born with). I have Palmer Hyperhidrosis, Plantar Hyperhidrosis, a very minimal Truncal Hyperhidrosis and sometimes I blush very easily (but I can manage the blushing). Palmer Hyperhidrosis really affects me in a negative way every day of my life. It is a daily struggle to function in society when my hands are sweaty and slimy or cold. I have tried Aluminum Chloride (Hypercare) on my hands only to have my hands get so itchy and have cuts all over my hands from the extreme skin drying that it causes. And after all that, my hands would still sweat. So I am now using the R.A. Fischer MD-2 Iontophoresis machine. It has given me about 30-37% improvement in a decrease of hand sweat, but sadly that’s no were near enough. The only thing that I have tried for my Plantar Hyperhidrosis has been the Iontophoresis, which did not work at all. In fact, it gave me these plantar warts which are now going away with some wart remover medication. I am 20 years old and I attend Miami Dade College and I would like to earn a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics as I believe that a good diet can help everybody live a healthier and happier life. But my Hyperhidrosis really hurts me earning my degree as it is very hard and frustrating to be writing in a piece of paper working out chemistry problems while having my hands covered in sweat. The Trunkal sweating is very minimal so it doesn’t really bother me much. The Plantar sweating causes me to get athletes foot and inhibits me from wearing any sandals or shoes without socks because I will slip out of them. Oh yea, and the iontophoresis actually gives me mild compensatory sweating on my back, trunk and in the back of my knees, which is not very fun. Again Hyperhidrosis causes me a lot of stress, anxiety and sometimes depression. Hyperhidrosis is known as the “silent handicap,” because when the persons hands get sweaty they don’t want to touch anything or anybody and they usually don’t look for any medical help. My aunt, 19 year old neighbor, 2 people in my college and some other random person that I know are the only people that I personally know have hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis affects 1-3 % of the world population, it affects both sexes equally and every ethnicity around the world. Thanks for reading this all the way through, I know that it was long, but I wanted to cover as much as I possibly could. And by the way I would rather be cured from this horrible condition than win the lottery, being cured would make me so incredibly happy. Please get back to me with any information you might have on Hyperhidrosis.

Also to anybody who wants to talk personally with me about Hyperhidrosis my email address is alexsafc@gmail.com and I feel like the HH community needs to be together in order to inform all doctors, universities, scientists and also the whole world because that way there will be more treatments, research and hopefully a cure!!!!! :)
Most people don't know about this frustrating condition. I have emailed the University of Miami and Harvard (medical areas) in order to get HH out there. I would like the Administrator of "no-ets.com" to get back to me to see what we can do together. And btw i was pretty close to scheduleing my surgery until I landed on this website about a year ago. Thanks.

ale22heat

Re: Hyperhidrosis, my story.

Post by ale22heat »

Hey guys, I have just posted my first 2 videos on "My Hyperhidrosis" check them out on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFjneueHiU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=831ZOKbP5uc I hope they really help all of u.

ale22heat

Post by ale22heat »

wow so nobody has replied yet or personally emailed me (what a bummer!!!) To the people reading this I am really serious about spreading the word about our condition to everybody in the WORLD, I mean every time that I write the word hyperhidrosis on the computer the little red squiggly line comes up under the word. SO what does that mean, well it simply means that it is not recognized as a real word. Also, I believe that the type of doctors that should be in charge of dealing with our condition "hyperhidrosis" are Neurologists (the branch of medicine or biology that deals with the anatomy, functions, and organic disorders of nerves and the nervous system.) Look for the people that have done the ets-surgery and now suffer from compensatory sweating, I believe its because the brain and/or the nervous system is still countinuing to send the signals to the sweat glands. Now since it can no longer send it to the area for where the surgery was performed, it sends them to somewhere else (like the back and chest). So essentially the body is still performing the same ERROR just to a different area. Guys and girls please respond WE have to do this together, the whole HH community.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent initiative Alejandro. Too bad most forum members leave for long periods of time or even forever. Please also try posting on the Redditch for HH:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hyperhidrosis

ale22heat

Post by ale22heat »

awesome reference to the site reddit adminstator. I have already posted on it and also put the links to my YouTube videos and the no-ets.com/forum
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyperhidrosis/ ... alejandro/ I like how over there a lot of people respond to the post preety fast and stay replying. Thankx