One of the most difficult side effects to deal with CS

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
samroberts

One of the most difficult side effects to deal with CS

Post by samroberts »

Hi, everyone. I've been suffering the post surgery effects of ETS. I take Oxybutynin to deal with compensatory sweating. One of the most difficult side effects for me to deal with has been that my lips are constantly dry. I've learned that Oxybutynin would limit the amount of mucosa produced in my body. I applied Vaseline on my lips when I went to sleep because they'd be all red and cracked to the point that it hurts just to talk. Has anyone had this lip sensitivity problem? Has anyone found any solution? I am willing to try any suggestion :):):)

JR31

Re: One of the most difficult side effects to deal with CS

Post by JR31 »

Hi. :) I had sort of, but all I do really is just keep as hydrated as possible. Supplements containing Omega-3 (e.g. fish oil, flaxseed oil etc) are supposed to moisturise the body from the inside out, so I take 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds a day.

E45 is supposed to be good for dry skin but I'm not sure if it's safe to use on the lips (e.g. because of the slight risk of ingestion?). Maybe worth looking into though. :)

samroberts

Post by samroberts »

Thanks, JR31. I have been taking fish oil for about a week now, and I think I have sort of found what was causing that much sensitivity on my lips. It was the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. I used to put this on overnight, and in the morning I'd have flakes that I'd just pull off, and overtime that was causing my lips to be sensitive. Now I use a really good Shea Butter lip balm, and I haven't had white skin coming off my lips. It's still a sensitive but I think over time it's gonna heal and my lips will be normal again. :D :D :D

JR31

Post by JR31 »

Hi. That's brilliant, really pleased you've had some success. :)

As tough as things can be with CS and other post-surgery side-effects there are some good 'alternative' ideas, treatments and products out there. I guess we all just need to keep helping and educating each other eh. :)

For CS I was recommended fennel tea on a different forum. Not noticed any significant changes yet, but it's pretty cheap to buy and tastes okay, so I'm going to keep going with it. :)