My HH Timeline

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
wetbutt

My HH Timeline

Post by wetbutt »

Year 0/ Age 8: Palms and feet start to sweat
Lived my life normally before this happened and dint care much after it did. Because as a kid you're distracted all the time so you're nervous system isn't that overactive. Sweating was manageable until puberty when it got worse with gradual increase in stress.

Year 13/ Age 21: ETS
Heard about ETS after many wet test papers and failed aluminum products. Unfortunately, i was desperate and stupid and did not research a lot and had no clue about CS. The doctor did not explain side-effects clearly. Post surgery hands were completely dry but feet started sweating after a day.

Year 14/ Age 22: CS & Contact Sweating (car seat, bus seat cannot be hot)
Basically, anything in contact with the skin for a long period gets drenched. CS started on armpits back, chest, groin, legs and butt. Forehead sweats while thinking or eating spicy foods. Feet continue to sweat non stop (minus when im asleep). Awful experience. I move to a cooler climate with less humidity so i only have to worry about CS during certain hot summer days.

Year 19/ Age 27: Nose and hands?
After several years of successfully hiding this defect using weather and keeping low stress I start noticing new things. The tip of my nose sweats quite often now. I notice tiny droplets of sweat every couple of hours or so which is strange. Aite the nose thing is no biggy. But my hands are getting progressively more moist. If i hold on to something for long periods of times they get moist if i play or workout and jack up my adrenaline they leave sweat patches. If i grab something hot they get moist. Definitely not the same as they were pre-ETS but still concerning to see them getting more moist sweaty by the day. Experiencing cold hands and nose a lot not sure if its Reynauds or just the winter.

And now...still the same situation worry about sweaty palms returning and the daily stress of trying to hide CS. Sometimes think of just escaping all of this and living under a bridge. If OP or anyone got the nose thing would love to know.

Things I use to cope:
1) Kleinerts dress shirts, compression shirts etc. (Its like swimming in your pool of sweat when its hot out but you wont stain your dress shirt and gives you a possibility of wearing light colored clothes in summer)
2) Five toed socks for feet every night and knitted fingerless gloves when i think my hands are getting moist.[/list][/list]
3) Anticholinergics as last resort for excessive CS on really hot days. But this is quite rare.