Catch 22...!!!

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
presidentofasia

Catch 22...!!!

Post by presidentofasia »

Hi All,

I've had ets done in sep'09 for severe facial hyperhidrosis. It seemed to be the last resort, as my professional & social life was getting affected due to excessive facial/scalpal sweating.

Post surgery, I was quite happy for six months until last week. I'd been having CS which I felt was adjustable with the right kind of clothing. Life seemed to so good as people were realizing that I had changed (i.e. I was no more sweating on my face). But, last week on a fine day, I woke up with a strange feeling. A heated forehead, dry mouth, numbness in arms and a lowered heart rate have left me with 'zombielike' awareness. Now, I feel as if I'm in somebody else's body with a feeling of aversion to anything & everything. I've read a lot about people complaining about CS & not other physiologically debilitating problems. Why??? CS is miniscule compared to a lowered heart-rate (bradycardia tht may require a permanent pacemaker) or heated forehead(causing release of excess cortisols leading to severe complications under stressful situation).

I'm trying to figure out different solutions like -
1. Using gillette deodarant for dry forehead
2. Lip balm & moisturiser for face
3. Avoiding tea/coffee & drinking lots of water
4. Exercising to regulate heartbeat

I'll be happy to receive your thoughts on the same.
Post-ets I'm just sketching my life around these side-effects.

Rgds,
Perse