surgery sucess for hyperhidrosis

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
ch3lz333

surgery sucess for hyperhidrosis

Post by ch3lz333 »

hey guys i just had surgery on august 5th, 2010... and i would like to share my experience with those of you who might be in the middle of making the choice to have surgery or not.

so first off...my surgery was for hyperhidrosis in my hands...i had struggled with this for about a year or two before my parents finally allowed me to look into the surgery to remove it. i will amitt that hyperhidrosis does suck if you have it and can be the most uncomfortable thing at times...especially when it comes to meeting people and shaking their hands. so for those of you out there that are looking into having the surgery done...i say go for it! and to help you make your dission a little easier i am going to tell you the step by step proceedure i went through...and the day by day recovery i went through.

[b][u]day 1[/u][/b]
i was scedualed to have surgery at 7:30 in the morning so i had to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 A.M. once i had checked in i sat in the waiting room for about a half an hour or so... once i was called in... i went into this large room with several of the other people i had saw in the waiting room with me earlier...i was givin one of those robe things to change into and then laid down on a gerny and waited for a nurse to come over and begin the set up... when the nurse came over all her job to do was to hook up the IV, go over what would happen, what meddicine they were going to give me, who my nurses were that were going into surgery with me, and she gave me medicine in my IV to help relax my nerves... my anestetics doctor than came over and asked some general questions about allergies and any medical isues i might of had that they should no about... about a few minuets before being rolled out of the room and into the surgery room i met the two nurses that would be taking care of me...they were really nice. i was then taken into the surgery room by the nurses and moved from the gurney to the surgical table... i was then givin the annestetics and when i woke up i was in the recovery room. i did have some nausea from the annestetics and got motion sickness on the way home and threw up but that was it for sickness. for the first day i was sore and it hurt to breathe so i had to take deap breaths when i would get up to walk somewhere and i couldnt sit up or lay completely flat, i had to stay elevated the whole time.

[u][b]day two[/b][/u]
day two was better... i was able to eat whatever i wanted without having the caution of sickness. it was still sore a bit and hurt to breathe but not that bad. for the most part, i was able to walk across the street to my friends house and hang out with her as long as i took it easy. there was not much pain and if i did have pain the pain killers took it away. i was able to sit, stand, walk, lay down, and was pretty much back to normal.

[u][b]day three[/b][/u]
it is currently day three and i feel terrific! there is some tiny bits of pain here and there where the incisions were made but i was able to go to the mall and shopp for about two hours and it felt as if i hadnt had the surgery at all...it was so normal. the pain is pretty much gone now and everything is back to normal... i am extremely happy and impressed with the results... my hands no longer sweat at all and are dry... i do not miss hyperhidrosis one bit...my whole family is so impressed by the results of my surgery that my brother is even considering having the surgery done to stop his sweaty hands.

i just turned sixteen and now im ready to stop being so shy and becoming more social now that my hands no longer sweat uncontrollably. the surgery is a great sucess and i definetly think that if you are trying to convince yourself wheather or not you should have it done...i say go for it! dont let all those stories out there of everything bad that went wrong stop you... before i had the surgery done i came on here to see everyones stories and if i should have it done...i came across this one story that talked about how most of the sucess storie dont come back on to write about it because they become so use to not having their hands sweat that they forget they even every had hyperhidrosis... so most of the time the people whose stories dont have a happy ending to them come back on cause they got nothing better to do then blog about the failer they experienced.

so for all those people out there.....GOOD LUCK CHOOSING AND I HOPE YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR CHOICE! :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi ch3lz333, thanks for your post. Who was your surgeon? Can't believe you are only 16! Please keep us posted on your results and side effects down the road.

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

I also had the surgery young but it depends on how well you can deal with HH especially on your palms. I couldn't handle it and would do anything to stop my hands sweating so I know how you feel especially being a young girl! I'm so glad I had ETS!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its worse for a guy because a guy can't tell someone he has such a problem at that age. A girl can always cry on someone's shoulders without embarrassment.

Sweaty feet is worse for girls because of the need to wear stilettos and the 100 other pieces of footwear without socks:-)
Last edited by admin on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

I understand what you mean but in school it was always the idiot boys who bullied me during class and they just wouldn't understand that I actually have a problem. I guess they were just ignorant and immature. I've always told my bfs about HH n my current bf even hates if people joke about my hands!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is terrible. Glad you are happy now though and I hope it lasts forever for you:-)