Telling My Story

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Whydidi

Telling My Story

Post by Whydidi »

I am a 58 year old woman who had been suffering with head and facial hh since around the age of 12. It was a debilitating issue as it effected my school and social life. To be breif - in the 1970's in my early adulthood, I searched for help going to one doctor after anonther finally ending up with a demotologist who perscribe Robinal to tried to ease the situation. Nothing helped - I would not participate in social activities or family functions, as I was to embarrassed about my face and head. I would look like I had taken a shower after sweeping the kitchen floor. No one in Maine could help, so just in the past 10 years I had tried my hand searching the internet for others that suffered the way I did. After extensive [what I thought was extensive] research I found Dr. David Nielson in Texas. I sent him my back ground, including all the things I had tried in the past, and was now willing to have my nevers cut to stop the sweating. They DID NOT MENTION THE SEVERITY of the compensatory sweating. Yes they mentioned in a few times, made me sign documents not once but Twice - but they NEVER NEVER told me that 99% of patients suffer from some compensatory sweating. Their % was MUCH lower - lower than 50% - How bad could it be I thought! Well I know now that it is MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE TOLD ME. The person I spoke with as a referral thought this was a life saving proceedue. Me on the other hand, thinks this is more debilitating that what I was suffering with before the surgery. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - don't have this ETS surgery - you will regret it the rest of your life. I now sit in my own sweat, it pours down my back soaks through my bras - It is just so embarassing than words can describe. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: [/quote]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello whydidi, I am sorry to hear about your CS. I hope scientists come up with a cure for this problem soon, like some kind of procedure that can remove or subcutaneously scrape of sweat glands from parts of your body where they are the most bothersome.

Did you try Robinul Forte or just Robinul? There are a lot of positive testimonials I have read on the former, but side effects such as dry eyes are very common.

When did you have your ETS surgery and has the CS worsened with time?

I always though that once I was past middle age, I would not mind hyperhidrosis since I would not care so much about professional and relationship related discomfort. I suppose that is not true:-(

Our problem is one of the reason I support DIY Bio (open source biology):

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... revolution
Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whydidi

unhappy with results of ETS surgery

Post by Whydidi »

[quote="administrator"]Hello whydidi, I am sorry to hear about your CS. I hope the scientists come up with a cure for this problem soon, like some kind of procedure that can remove or scrape of sweat glands from parts of your body where they are the most bothersome.

Did you try Robinul Forte or just Robinul? There are a lot of positive testimonials I have read on the former, but side effects such as dry eyes are very common.

When did you have your ETS surgery and has the CS worsened with time?

I always though that once I was past middle age, I would not mind hyperhidrosis since I would not care so much about professional and relationship related discomfort. I suppose that is not true:-(

Our problem is one of the reason I support DIY Bio (open source biology):

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... revolution[/quote]
:arrow: I tried both Robinul and Robinul Forte also other drugs, 1 which I had a reaction to. I have given up on medication. I am now trying to work with someone in Florida who developed what is called a "Wrap" to help with cs in the crotch area. I am tired of feeling a puddle of sweat under my butt! I have found large absorbant pads for my back on Klienherts website, and now all that is left is to hopfully come up with a product to wear in my bra. Having this surgery was a STUPID mistake on my part - I wish I had found this site before my surgery. This summer was the worst - as we experienced humid temps [like they experience in Florida or the south] It was terrible. The surgery was Nov 19th 2008 - I will never forget that date. Thanks for commenting on my story. Life must go on * * * * * * * :cry: