ETS For palmar hyperhidrosis

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Larysa183

ETS For palmar hyperhidrosis

Post by Larysa183 »

I had my operation at St George's Hospital in South London on the 25th November 2010. Not so long ago but after the surgery I'm happy with the results and obviously I'm still recovering but my hand is completely dry and was completely dry straight away. I thought I would be in serious pain after but honestly it isn't that bad afterwards. I've had trouble taking deep breaths but I believe that's due to them deflating my lung. I also found that I can't walk long distances without being out of breath but isn't that down to them deflating my lung as well?

All in all I'm so happy with the results and I'm due to go back and get the left side done in January which I cannot wait for!! I suffered with sweaty hands and armpits all my life (19 years) and it really affected my confidence when shaking people's hands or handing over money in the shop. I work as a dental nurse/receptionist so even in my job I had complications due to my hyperhidrosis. It's so weird how sweaty hands can affect you in such a way but ETS surgery helped me so much.

I've read a lot of negative reviews about this surgery and I was suprised that I was so happy with the surgery. The only problem I seem to get is my hand gets very dry and cracked but nothing some moisturiser can't fix! I'll post after my op in January and then again afterwards to let everyone know if I'm still as happy as I am now.