I just missed a very important meeting

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
noder234

I just missed a very important meeting

Post by noder234 »

This is it, IM FED UP!!

I've had excessive armpit sweating for a few years now, but so far it has never interfered with my life. Eh, I mean at least not directly.. I've always tried to avoid certain situations, wear clothes that hide the sweat so no one can tell I'm sweating, plan ahead accordingly, etc.. It annoys the hell out of me, but I don't have very busy social life anyways, so it hasn't been that big of a problem.

But today, for the first time, hyperhidrosis caught me unprepared and was a direct reason for missing an important meeting I had to go to!

It's summer, it's hot and sunny, and that makes the sweating worse, plus I can't wear an undershirt to soak up the sweat.
Anyways, I woke up, did a few chores around the house, and the time came to get ready for going out. I washed up, opened the wardrobe, and then I was in for a big suprise: the black t-shirt that I was planning to wear WAS MISSING!! At first I thought I can't find it, I mean it had to be there, I could swear I saw it sitting there the other day. I started throwing the clothes out of the closet, searching for it desperately, but with no success. In fact, I couldn't find ANY black t-shirt at all (I don't have many, only a few).

And then as much as I didn't want to, I had to face the inevitable and cruel truth: they were not washed. Got out of my room, and found all of my black shirts, along with the one I was looking for, among the dirty laundry, ready to get in the washing machine. That was the end. The clock was ticking, and it was already past the time I was supposed to leave the house if I wanted to get there on time. Took another look in the wardrobe. Nothing suitable...

So guess what I did? Yeah, that's right, I stayed at home. I didn't make it to the meeting. I didn't deliver the important data I had to deliver. I f*cked up.
And now here I am, sitting at home writing this, and thinking intensively of what excuses shoud I come up with when my employer calls to ask where I was. And he could call any minute now. OH snap, I'm starting to sweat already just by the thought of it.

Anyways, I just wanted to get this off of my chest, take care and have a nice day :)