Fellow hyperions

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
krikkrak

Fellow hyperions

Post by krikkrak »

Greetings from India
Hyperhidrosis has been the one big constant in my life.When it started,at the age of 6 :shock: ,my family had moved to a new place,whose language i did not speak.Hence there was considerable self-inflicted pressure to make new friends and to adjust to my alien surroundings.The darned sweat glands on my palms have been hyperactive ever since.(I'm 22 now :shock: )

To put it simply,it is/has been a pain in the ***.Or palms rather.

In school,during exams,if i didn't know an answer my palms would start sweating.This signalled that i was nervous.Being nervous meant i produced more sweat.Leading to a cruel positive feedback loop.I did pretty well in my exams despite this.(Handkerchieves,and not dogs,are man's best friend) During prayers,the sweat from my folded palms would drip down my elbow.

In college,I had a course called machine drawing which involved drawing various machines on an A1 sheet for 3 hours at a stretch.I had to wear surgeons' gloves to prevent my paper from disentegrating.This,of course, caused a lot of tittering in class :lol: .

I now work for a company in which people have this nasty habit of shaking hands.I protrude my fist instead as a token of friendship.People look at me weirdly at first.Then we fist handshake.Then i explain to them about hyperhydrosis.Most people think i'm making it up.(the name strikes most people as funny i guess)

Hyperhidrosis is a bitch.The Mira-Dry process looks promising.My palms are crossed.