So far, I have not sweat any more.

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Hair77

So far, I have not sweat any more.

Post by Hair77 »

Hi,
I have a personal experience that I want share with every vary. Recently, I was about to go to surgery because I suffer from hyperhidrosis, this is, simply, excessive sweating (hands, armpits, feet). I am a nursing student. You can imagine the suffering that I had. My hands were always wet and cold. I avoided handshaking. Touching a patient or putting on gloves was a nightmare for me. I decided to borrow the part of the money from the loans of my school if necessary. It would take me some semesters to have all the money, but at leastI had the hope of healing. I called to the American Institute of Hyperhidrosis for help. Maybe they had a way I could pay to them little by little. I wish I could have had the amount of $7,000 I needed to pay for the ETS-C (Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy). But, after many attempts, I didn’t get the financial aid I needed. Browsing in the internet, I found a video in which the guy explained how to make an iontophoresis machine: I just needed a motorcycle battery, cables, and 4 trays (2 for each hand and 2 for each feet). I was very skeptic on doing it. But, I did (I don't know why). After all, I didn’t have anything to lose. And, I didn’t have any other options available. I began my treatment at the beginning of the October, 4th, 2011 with no immediate result. One, two, three weeks without results…But, I kept doing the treatment every other day. Since 2 weeks, I have not sweat any more, neither my hands nor my feet. My armpits do because I need to adapt an electrode for them to the “machine”. But, I am very happy so far. I am a totally different person; I am not afraid of handshaking anymore. By the way, the cheaper iontophoresis machine that RA Fisher Co sells has a price of 675.00 without trays. They rent the machine for $100 monthly. If after trying it you decide to buy it, then they take away 50 dollars for each month you had it rented from the total price.
Since I began to see the results, I wrote in facebook, in any supportive group for people who suffer from hyperhydrosis, everywhere, providing the link for every-vary so that they know that iontophoresis might work on them too. That they might consider it before going to surgery, at least give a try…I am perfectly conscious that it might not work to every vary, but maybe someone out there has good results too.
It is not that easy writing all of this for me. English is not even my language. But, I want to share my story.
This is the video that I followed when deciding to build my iontophoresis machine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wdHKRWZI4
I hope the link gets clickable and you can see. My iontophoresis machine is like the one in the video. You can see in link below the actual cost of an iontophoresis machine from RA Fisher.
http://www.rafischer.com/script/showcat ... tophoresis
By the way, you need prescription from your dermatologist, and you cannot treat hands, feet, and armpits at the same time with RA Fisher machine.
It is the same principle and a motorcycle battery costs around 35 dollars. At least you can try it to make sure that iontophoresis works for you before deciding to buy a machine because once you bought it, you cannot return it.
Regarding hyperhidrosis predominantly in the face, I honestly don’t know if it can be treated with iontophoresis too. But, we can find out. Iontophoresis is a well known treatment; it is not used only for hyperhidrosis. And, I highly recommend you not to do this treatment without consulting your physician.
Thank you.