Hello all :)

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
Atomic01

Hello all :)

Post by Atomic01 »

Hi to you all!

Just to intro myself...

I'm 39 and have suffered from HH since my early 20s... I have problems with my hands, axillae and back, but my feet are by far the worst.

Over the years I've tried all the topical treatments, and ionto (with and without Bicarb and robinul) and after all this time, have decided enough is enough, and I'm about to start robinul 2mg tablets.

Ironically, I'm also a Dermy sister, and have treated loads of fellow sufferers, having seen that my problem appears easily as bad as many that I've treated, it's quite odd that I've never looked into further treatments myself, but speaking to one of my colleagues helped push me into it.

My consultant colleague even went so far as to say mine is one of the more severe cases he's dealt with. My socks bleach in no time, I rot my shoes (and keep changing insoles), my shirts are all stained and when it's at its worst, the sweat literally drips off my hands and feet... not nice :(

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the robinul. I'm going to start on 2mg a day, but I (and my consultant colleague) aren't hopeful, and I'm assuming I'll have to up to 6mg a day fairly soon.

I'll let you know what happens :)

Atomic01

Re: Hello all :)

Post by Atomic01 »

Update

Robinul has been my saving grace!

I've found 2mg is enough for day to day, it doesn't stop my feet and back from sweating, but it's not as bad, and my hands, while not completely dry, are dry enough for me to function. I take 4 or 6mg if I know I'm going to be very hot, or active or having a stressful day, and it's keeping it down enough that I'm able to do stuff normally without leaving sweaty handprints on everything I touch.

For me, Robinul is my miracle drug, wish I'd tried it years ago!!

Larysa183

Re: Hello all :)

Post by Larysa183 »

I am so glad that has worked for you. I should have tried this but I was desperate to get rid of my HH and went straight for surgery after trying many deoderants for hands to stop the sweating. My case sounds very similar to yours and although my hands have stopped sweating, my feet still continue to sweat! I cannot keep shoes for a long time because they fall apart or just begin to stink when wearing them at least once! I am glad you have found something that controls your sweating.. it's really horrible.