miraDry for hands (Update)

miraDry and other new laser, microwave, radiofrequency and ultrasound based treatments (SweatX, Ultherapy, PrecisionTx).
pinker2

miraDry for hands (Update)

Post by pinker2 »

Hi guys,

I used to post on socialphobiaworld under the name 'pinker' until my account was removed. I still view the various hyperhidrosis forum occasionally. As you might know I have hyperhidrosis on my hands and feet (severe) and hyperhidrosis on my underarms (moderate). I've been treating my hyperhidrosis with the idromed 5 PS for a few years, along with driclor.

Anyway, as you may know miraDry is available in the UK, but for underarms only. I looked into it a while ago and I believe the price is around £1000. Results seems permanent in a lot of cases. I am debating whether to have it done, but to be honest it is my hands and feet which are the real problem.

I saw a post on socialphobiaworld about clinical trials for miraDry in the US, so I sent them an email regarding miraDry for the hands. Here's what the rep said:
Hello

Thank you for your question. Miramar Labs is conducting a feasibility clinical research study on the use of microwave technology for palmer hyperhidrosis. This is in the early prototype stage and the study is being conducted in Northern California. Once the prototype phase is concluded then a larger study will be conducted in the US. I am so sorry you suffer from this and the company is doing everything it can to find a solution for this clinical problem. It is anticipated that it will be late 2017 before it may be available in the US. After 2018 it may start to be available in the UK and the EU.

Take care and thank you again,

Clinical Affairs,

Miramar Labs
So, hopefully some progress has been made.

I've been thinking about utilizing some of my science background and starting a business in the iontophoresis / microwave field, though I don't really know where to begin with it all. If anyone would be interested in starting something (however small) I would definitely be interested.

Rich