Alternative To MiraDry?

miraDry and other new laser, microwave, radiofrequency and ultrasound based treatments (SweatX, Ultherapy, PrecisionTx).
chuck90

Alternative To MiraDry?

Post by chuck90 »

Hi All - I recently found this device called InMode Fractora that is being studied to treat axillary Hyperhidrosis. Dermatologists are already using it on the armpits and seem to have success. I’m wondering if it might be appropriate for use on the hands and feet because the hand piece used already looks small enough to treat different surface areas. In addition, this device is used on other areas such as the face to tighten skin, so it seems like there are different intensity settings and could be a safer option than MiraDry. I reached out to the company and received this response:

Thank you so much for your interest in our technology! We do have an ongoing long-term study for the treatment of Hyperhidrosis with Fractora. Here is a case from the study if you'd like to take a look! Feel free to schedule a consultation with a doctor near you for more information:

Kindest regards,

Justine

I think it is worth looking into and I think we as an HH community need to advocate for ourselves and keep pushing for better treatment options. If we all stay silent and just hope something will happen it could take forever! So please reach out to this company and/or MiraDry to keep research for this top of mind!