started treatment today...

Dermadry, Drionic, Fischer, Hidroxa, Idrostar and Homemade Machines.
Jonny

started treatment today...

Post by Jonny »

So I took the plunge and purchased the Fischer unit. I live in Canada, so what I did to save ALOT of money was have it shipped to a mailbox in Washington, and I picked it up. I got it hooked up today and did a round of treatment for my hands and feet.

My primary problem is excessive sweat from my hands, and minor sweating from my feet. I'll keep updating with posts detailing the progress.

Today, I did one round of treatment using normal tap water with baking soda. I'll try plain water for about 10 sessions, and if I don't see good enough results, I'll look into using that other solution to add into the water.

I have a fairly high tolerance for pain (like tattoos), and it was marginally uncomfortable. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. It's not anything a normal adult couldn't handle. Kids though...I wouldn't recommend this unit to kids. A little too intense.

Grace

Post by Guest »

Hi Jonny,

Can you tell me how much the machine costs if shipped to Washington, and who did you buy it from? Did you buy directly from the company online or from ebay or from some other second party seller?

Some people use glyco solution in there based on the other messages on this board. Maybe you can try that. Good luck and keep posting updates!

Post by Guest »

You can order the unit direct from www.rafischer.com for $615USD. I'm on my fourth treatment now (one application every two days) and no results, but I know I need to do at least ten treatments before results are seen.

I would NOT recommend this unit for kids though. Its pretty painful. I'm just doing water right now, but I might try the solution if the water doesn't work.

pinker

Post by pinker »

I would say it will take you around 10 treatments on a reasonable current to start seeing a noticable difference possibly a halt in sweating.

I used iontophoresis when I was 17 :P

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Well, I did about 10 treatments, and my hands were completely dry! I haven't used the unit for about 3 weeks now (just haven't really had time) and I definatly noticed my hands sweat waaay less now (even after 3 weeks of not using the fischer)

So - bottom line is: if I had continued to use it the last 3 weeks, my hands would be completely dry. My hands were completely dry for about a week after stopping treatment, and gradually became less dry over the following few weeks.

As for pinker - yeah, teenagers won't (or rather...shouldn't!) have a problem dealing with the pain. Kids, however - have a pretty low tolerance.

L for R

First Time Here

Post by L for R »

OK this is my first post so please bear with me. My 15 yr old son suffers with sweatty palms. We visited a new dermatologist today who told us about the Iontophoresis machines. He recommended Drionic, but after reading thru these postings, I'm wondering if it would be a better choice to go with the Fisher machine. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Jonny -- i found your postings MOST inspiring, and thank you! You promised to follow up after your treatments, and you did. It was great to read about your success story, and i am feeling very encouraged about getting my son started. Please, please, please... anyone who can offer any advice, suggestions, ANYTHING at all... feel free to do so, I will be checking back. We are "newbies" at this and need all the support we can get. Thank you sooooo much. I'm so glad I found this forum!

serenityprayer

Post by serenityprayer »

hey guys,

i'm starting treatment today with the fischer machine, wish me luck!

been suffering from palmar / plantar hyperhidrosis my entire life. tried drysol, didn't do it consistently enough to see if it worked or not, but pretty sure that i could still sweat through it.

i have a good feeling about iontophoresis, i guess it just requires discipline to keep on maintaining it, KIND OF like wearing a retainer right?!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good luck serenity! If it doesn't work after two weeks of daily treatment, try changing the water type (hard, soft, adding baking soda etc..) and depth levels. Look forward to hearing about your success.

serenityprayer

Post by serenityprayer »

thanks, will definitely try the different permutations... have you guys heard about iontophoresis of botox?

may ask my dermatologist about it if this pure water thing doesn't work.

may also try "stacking" drysol after 2 weeks as well.

after that, i may try just pure botox

as you can tell, i REALLY do not want to get the surgery....

melinda

Post by melinda »

Can you do it more than every two days initially to hit your 10 sessions or is that not recommended?

The standard is 18-20, right? I only used 10 for my 1st time to see what happened. I guess I'll have to raise it. I did use baking soda.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Melinda, I did one treatment a day and after about 15 days I started seeing results. Then I went to 1-2 treatment every week for maintenance, but when I was in England, the treatments did not work well at all. It seems like water type makes a difference.

In the near future, I hope to test different types of bottled water as well as Seattle rain water to see what gives best results.
Last edited by admin on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melinda

Post by melinda »

Thanks! Why do they say one every 2-3 days? Is it just for irritation reduction?

Did you try baking soda in England?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello again Melinda. Thanks for being one of the few forum members who sticks around for more than a week! I hope you come back and visit us now and again even after you get a successful outcome.

I am not sure who says "one every 2-3 days". I have always heard that you do one treatment a day initially, and then reduce the frequency upon success.

I did not try using baking soda in England. From what I have read, it seems that the effect of baking soda is a bit overblown. Water type is by far the biggest variable to success. You should try bottled water too if you don't get success after 3 weeks of daily treatment. I think you can even reuse the same bottled water if you are worried about the cost or the environmental impact.

melinda

Post by melinda »

Thanks for all your help! I agree this board needs more participation. I saw some people come back and tell their results, but a lot don't. It helps to know what works for people.

I've heard that about the water. I am just going to try regular tap for now with the baking soda. I may add drysol. I think that may work, because ion helps your absorb meds into the skin better. I wouldn't use Baking soda and drysol at the same time though, because it may cancel one out.

I will update what does or doesn't work for me. :D

melinda

Post by melinda »

I can't do everyday. I had to cut today's short due to burning and a lot of redness. I will take some time off and try every 2 days again. yesterday's was fine, btw.