Iontophoresis stopped working

Introduce yourself and share your personal hyperhidrosis related experiences.
yuvraj1

Iontophoresis stopped working

Post by yuvraj1 »

So I live in Vancouver, BC where the water is extremely soft and has a very low mineral content. I had been trying a homemade iontophoresis procedure that I got from youtube with little to no success. I had heard that it usually takes numerous sessions before a change is noticed so I stuck with it for about 10 sessions over 10 days but by the end my hands were still extremely sweaty. I had to go to Toronto for about a week so I took my iontophoresis equipment with me. There I used it twice with regular tap water with no additives. For some reason the iontophoresis was working much better and my hands were dry 80-90% of the time. I was obviously ecstatic. After I came back, I searched online for days for the reason behind this. The only answer I came up with was water hardness. Since the water in Toronto is significantly harder than Vancouver, I thought that that may be the reason it worked so well. Since I had no access to harder water, I tried adding salt, baking soda, epsom salts etc to harden the water but had no success and it only made the pain/irritation worse as I was doing it. I even tried using "badoit" bottled water as I had read that many have had success using it as it is a carbonated mineral water but it didn't work either. Does anyone know the reason why it worked so well in Toronto and what I can do to mimic the results as moving there is not an option.

baldtruth

Re: Iontophoresis stopped working

Post by baldtruth »

Can't you order a few barrels of water from Toronto?