DRIONIC concerns...

Dermadry, Drionic, Fischer, Hidroxa, Idrostar and Homemade Machines.
Phil

DRIONIC concerns...

Post by Phil »

My name is Phil. I have been suffering from Palmar, Plantar and Axillary HH since I was in my early teens. I am now 27 and still suffer from it. For some reason I never took treatment seriously until just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how to rank my level of sweating in comparison to the rest of you, but my hands and feet literally DRIP and depending on my level of anxiety or temperature, my arm pits show serious sweating.

After meeting with my new doctor last week I decided to order a DRIONIC. It came yesterday morning. So far I have done four treatments on my hands (30 min/each = 2 hours total) and two treatments on my feet (1 hour/each = 2 hours total). Hands were on level 6-8 power (out of 10) and feet at 9-10 power.

I understand that it typically takes 7+ total hours, but I have great concerns; my hands and feet are actually sweating more than they ever have before. Is this normal!!?

Anyone who has also experienced this, PLEASE respond.

(I will keep everyone up to date with my progress.)

admin
Site Admin

Hi

Post by admin »

Hi Phil,

Welcome to these boards and thanks for sharing your experience thus far. I hope Drionic will be effective for you.

I used the machine for a few weeks in 2004 for my feet (which became much worse post-ETS surgery) and it was NOT efective. However, I then messed up the soldering of the inside of the machine when trying to convert it to accept regular batteries. So my drionic doesn't work properly anymore and I have not used it since the mishap. Perhaps I might have had success if I had used it for 3-4 weeks continuously.

From what I understand, it can take more than two weeks of daily sessions on some people (especially for the feet, which have thick skin). You should also try using hot water, adding lemonade to the bath, adding Drysol to the bath etc... Over the years I have read about various such things people have tried that have made it more effective. Maybe even adding tea leaves to the bath, as I have heard soaking feet in boiling tea and water can lead to some improvement in sweating. Never tried it myself though!

I am looking forward to hearing about your results because I might get the machine soldered again and restart treatment if I hear some positive testimonials. Or maybe I might buy one of the other two more expensive machines out there.

By the way, do you feel the tingling sensation you are supposed to during treatment? Most of the time I did not feel that, even though I always set the machine at the highest setting (I think that is more difficult to tolerate with the palms than the feet).

Phil

Post by Phil »

Thanks for your reply.

I read your experience with Drionic on your main page. I too hope it works. I'm just really suprised at the "side-effect" of my recent increased sweating.

I have been doing some thinking about all of this and it may all be psychological since so many of us suffer from anxiety. Maybe the increased sweating has nothing to do with the Drionic and maybe all to do with my recent interest in treating myself for this condition. I could be sweating more just because I am thinking about it instead of trying to avoid thinking about it like I have been doing for the past 15 years. The increased awareness could be contributing to my increased sweating. And, then again, who knows.

I mark the power on the unit from 1-10 by counting the hash marks. As for the "tingling," I can put it on 10 and be completely fine. The first treatment for my hands, 6 was all I could handle. After 5 treatments as of today I am able to go up to 9 on my hands. I can tolerate pain fairly well so it doesn't bother me.

I will keep you all up to date on my progress, if any.

Phil

Post by Phil »

So here's my progress so far...

Today marks by 9th day of treatment and the progress has been very good. I started noticing around day 5 that the increased sweating had slowed down. By day 7 my hands were dry 95% of the day and that included a Super Bowl Party on Sunday.

At this point, only the center of my palms and my thumbs are sweating, and it's rare when they do. I am going to start reversing the position of my hands in the unit and continue my 30 min twice-a-day treatments for another solid week.

I have to note that I have also been using a topical treatment called Certain-Dri (which is 18% Aluminum Chloride) at the same time.

So far so good with the Drionic. I will post another update in a week.

admin
Site Admin

Congratulations!

Post by admin »

Thats great news. You give me and others hope!

Are you planning on treating your feet too?

Phil

Post by Phil »

I have started my foot treatments a few days ago. Should be at least a few more until I start seeing results.

BTW: hands are still doing well.

Post by Guest »

Any updates Phil?

Any news?

Post by Guest »

Come on phil, tell us how are you doing now please.

clack013

Post by clack013 »

please update if possible. (maybe it worked and he no longer comes here?)